Primary Focus & Experience
Jacquie moves projects forward by working with clients to navigate a wide array of land use issues in Washington, as well as resolve environmental contamination. Her background litigating environmental and land use issues enables her to see issues before they arise, helping clients avoid problems and create records that withstand appeals.
When disputes occur, Jacquie reaches efficient resolution through alternative dispute resolution and litigation before hearing examiners, administrative boards, and state and federal courts. Her experience includes litigation under local codes, the Land Use Petition Act, the State Environmental Policy Act, the Growth Management Act, the Model Toxics Control Act, constitutional law, contracts, and claims for damages.
Best Lawyers recently recognized Jacquie with the “Ones to Watch” award for her experience in Land Use and Zoning law and Real Estate Law.
Recent Significant Engagements
- Successfully represented a developer in litigation through the Court of Appeals to resolve claims related to demolition permits brought by a neighboring property owner under the Land Use Petition Act.
- Represented a major institution in obtaining the approvals needed for a new campus building. This entitlement process required litigation against the City of Seattle and local landmarks preservation groups.
- Successfully represented a residential developer in litigation to invalidate a provision of Seattle’s Design Review ordinance.
- Represented a national company in a four-week jury trial involving contractual, environmental and insurance issues.
- Successfully represented a potentially liable party in navigating insurance and reaching the resolution of claims under MTCA for the costs of investigation and remediation of petroleum products released from a commercial tanker truck during a freeway accident.
Recognition & Community Involvement
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch - Land Use and Zoning Law, Real Estate Law, 2021
- Domestic Violence Advocacy Project, Pro Bono Attorney, 2014-present
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors, Member, 2018-present
- Western Washington University Huxley College of the Environment, Dean's Alumni Advisory Board Member, 2015-present
- Community in Schools of Renton, Volunteer Student Mentor, 2015-2017
Speaking Engagements & Publications
- 2017 Real Estate/Land Use Briefing: Essential Industry Updates Event, Seattle, WA
- "Fundamentals of Redevelopment and the Model Toxics Control Act," Association of Washington Housing Authorities, Speaking Engagement
- J.D., University of Oregon School of Law, 2014
- Order of the Coif
- Judicial Extern to United States District Court Judge Michael H. Simon
- Journal of Environmental Law and Litigation, Business Editor
- B.A., Western Washington University (magna cum laude), 2011
- Double major in Environmental Policy & Planning and History
- History Department Outstanding Graduate, 2011
- Washington, 2014