Primary Focus & Experience
Doug's focus is on commercial real estate and business transactions. He handles all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including the acquisition, disposition, development and financing of major office, retail and hotel projects and the negotiation of construction contracts. He represents real estate developers, owners and tenants in major leases, and major commercial brokerage firms.
He counsels clients in business transactions such as stock and asset acquisitions and dispositions, financings for acquisitions and operations, corporate, LLC and partnership transactions, and corporate dissolutions and share purchases. Doug assists his business clients with the formation of corporations, partnerships and LLCs, the negotiation of shareholders agreements, partnership agreements and LLC operating agreements and the negotiation of business contracts.
Recent Significant Engagements
- 9th & Thomas - Represented developer in land acquisition, equity and debt financing, construction and leasing to retail tenants and the entire office portion to Amazon.
- Represented owners in the sale of two private islands in the San Juans and the sale of an approximately 60 acre tract of land on San Juan Island.
- Sale of a crane company located in Oregon.
- B.A., Political Science, Oregon State University, 1969.
- J.D., University of Chicago, 1972.