Primary Focus & Experience
Mark focuses his practice on business and real estate transactional matters.
Mark works closely with and counsels clients regarding mergers and acquisitions, entity formation, operating agreements, shareholder agreements, real estate purchase and sale agreements, leases of all types, real estate development agreements, construction contracts, finance and secured transactions, and corporate governance issues. He also serves as outside general counsel to closely held family companies and startups.
Mark uses his prior experiences helping manage a closely held family company to help him understand and effectively achieve his clients' goals. He also possesses general litigation experience, which he uses to help clients manage risk and to advise them on litigation matters that arise.
Recent Significant Engagements
- Assist employees in acquisition of iconic Seattle company in Pike Place Market.
- Assist longtime client with negotiation of various industrial, retail, and office leases, various contractual matters, and real property and add-on business acquisitions.
- Handle all aspects of private equity client’s acquisition of target company, including: purchase documents and diligence, purchase of company real estate, formation and funding of investment companies, drafting operating agreements for various investment and holding companies, negotiation of senior and mezzanine financing loan documents, and drafting of various management incentive and executive employment agreements.
- Assist client in sale of property in Denny Triangle in connection with larger redevelopment.
- Assist client in acquisition of recycling business with operations in Antarctica and throughout the United States.
- Assist established coffee roaster with lease negotiations and expansion throughout the United States and other various real estate and corporate matters that arise.
- Assist fast casual dining client in various real estate transactions, fundraising, and other matters, including acquisitions and establishing of new lines of business.
- Assist mall client with negotiation of construction contracts and other real estate matters that arise from time-to-time.
- Assist closely held family company with leasing of various industrial properties, including leases with publicly traded companies.
Recognition & Community Involvement
- Named one of the Best Lawyers in America© Ones to Watch, Real Estate Law, 2023 edition
- Recognized by Washington Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in Business/Corporate Law, 2022 edition
- Author of Commercial Practice Chapter (Parts 1 and 2) of Washington Lawyers Practice Manual
- Former Downtown Seattle Association, Membership & Resource Development Committee
- Former Seattle Tennis Club, Finance Committee
- Former Volunteer Assistant Soccer Coach, Bishop Blanchet High School
- Former Volunteer in the Consumer Protection Agency, Office of the Washington State Attorney General
- J.D., cum laude, Seattle University School of Law, 2011
- Presidential Scholarship
- M.B.A, Beta Gamma Sigma Honorary Society, Seattle University Albers School of Business, 2011
- B.A., Business Administration (Finance), University of Washington, 2008